So So sorry about not updating but I finally have got some internet I can use! So to sum up the past couple of months since March 11th (oops!)
Rest of March, snowed a bunch and saved the resort, at least for another couple of weeks.
April, got super warm at the resort and we were barely getting to Easter, but just long enough for me to work a little longer. Abby (the president of my fan club) turned 3 on the 4th and we had a princess party. By about the 18th ish I moved back to Minnesota and stayed with my parents for a couple of weeks. Got my old room painted, cause it was the only one in the house not painted yet and the walls were icky. It really needed it. I helped out on the farm and hung out with my cuz Andy a whole bunch. I love Andy! I also got to see my BFF Jordan that I hadn't seen in way over 3 years! we always just missed each other by a week moving here and there.
May I spent my birthday by myself...drinking wine. cause I just moved to my new job in International Falls, MN and had no friends....it was a sad day. BUT my boss did by me a cake and Law Enforcement was nice to me (only because they wanted cake).
So My New Job. I work at the Rainy Lake Visitor Center of Voyageurs National Park (www.nps.gov/voya). It's about 10 miles east of I Falls, MN. I live about 3 miles SE of I. Falls. I drive about 20 minutes to work. I am a Interpretive Park Ranger and I have 2 different canoe trips (one I have to dress up like a voyageur *eck*) the other we just paddle around. I also do a Bald Eagle boat tour and a Discovery Boat Tour (that one I just talk about the park, history, geology and such). I also walk about and talk to people around the boat launch and picnic areas. I've been in training for about 3 weeks and I can't wait to just go out and talk to people!
My House. I live in the West wing of a gi-normous house! It was suppose to be just a studio set up (everything in one room) but it then turned to a one bedroom, and then when I moved in it was the whole half of the house, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, big kitchen and living rm area. My land lady is sweet and is originally from England. She doesn't normally rent out but we happened to come across each other, me needed a place and she needed a little extra cash. I don't have pics right now but I will post some in the next couple of days.
People at work are great, my boss is funny, my team leader is also awesome! Everyone else is about 20 and from I. Falls. So I can't ask them to take to me the fun bars. Damn.
Any way, that is it in a nut shell. I promise to keep up on this now and post more pics of my new area.
Oh, yeah, I haven't legally been to Canada yet but I have touch Canadian water while on the boat. Its a thin line though some narrow passages! But I will hit up Canada soon!
Garrett, Seth and Sara. My team mates!
The Elsworth Rock Gardens. This one guy constructed this huge garden of rock statues and gardens. There are no flowers planted yet.
Jordan! I'm so glad we live closer together for once!
1 comments:
OH my Jenna Jo is BACK! Well let me tell you where to go! We snowmobile up there every winter..and we stay on the Ash River Trail (technically in the city Orr, South of I Falls) Anywho, at the end of the river is a resort called Frontier...its the BEST! And then down the river is Ash-Ka-Nam (Ash river, Kabatogama, namikin...tricky huh?) and then further down the trail is another resort called Sunset or Sunrise...anywho, they are all fun, and I've snowmobiled down the river in just my bra...and I fell off and have the scar to proove it...anywho...we snowmobile all over up there...also been up there in the summer too, been to the kettle falls hotel, have the same pictures you posted on here actually! Very fun up there!! Next time Marshall goes up, I'll have him find you! I think he usually goes up once a summer!! PS...we're moving to Jacksonville Saturday so if you ever "swing by" Florida again, thats where we'll be for 7 or 8 more months then we might be heading up to Whidbey Island, Washington.
Post a Comment